Monday, August 27, 2007

Vick pleads guilty to dogfighting


Falcons QB apologizes, says he used 'bad judgment'

RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick apologized to the NFL and his Atlanta Falcons teammates Monday for "using bad judgment and making bad decisions" and vowed to redeem himself of charges in a dogfighting case.

Shortly before making his first public statements, the star quarterback pleaded guilty to a federal dogfighting charge and awaited a Dec. 10 sentencing date that likely will send him to prison.

"First I want to apologize for all the things that I've done and that I have allowed to happen," Vick said at a news conference following his appearance in U.S. District Court.

"I made a mistake in using bad judgment and making bad decisions," he said. "Dogfighting is a terrible thing."

He concluded by saying, "I offer my deepest apologies to everyone. And I will redeem myself. I have to."

No comments: